The activities of the Y.M.C.A. during the 1914-1918 war can be followed by a study of the picture postcards it produced during that period. The Y.M.C.A. provided many services during the conflict which were designed to make the life of a serviceman a little easier - if only for a short time.
The work and development of the Association was featured on contemporary picture postcards issued by the Y.M. and others. Examples are illustrated in this eBook.
The 73-page eBook has a fully functioning 'Table of Contents' and contains the following sections.
- Early Days
- With the Army Volunteers 1901-1914
- The Great War 1914-1918
- With Kitchener's Army
- Y.M.C.A. Fund-raising Methods
- Y.M.C.A. Huts
- Writing Home from Hut and Camp
- Over-night Hostels
- Snapshots from Home League
- Civilian Volunteers
- Y.M.C.A. Fund-raising Postcards
- Y.M.C.A. Penny Flag-days
- The Y.M.C.A. on the Western Front
- The Great Newspaper Advertising Campaign
- Y.M.C.A. Workers in the Rear Areas
- Writing Home from the Battle-zone
- What Religious Attitude Did the Y.M.C.A. Adopt?
- In Conclusion
- A Selection of Y.M. Posters
FREE: Included in the download are the following 3 books.
The Package Consists off.....
Y.M.C.A. Postcards from the First World War
THE ROMANCE OF THE RED TRIANGLE - Sir Arthur Yapp
TOLD IN THE HUTS - The Y,M,C.A. Gift Book
THE FATHER OF THE RED TRIANGLE - J. Hodder Williams
Buy the Guide £9.99
You can make this payment via PayPal - using either a PayPal account or a credit card. Both types of transactions are completely secure.
PLEASE NOTE: Although the Y. M.C.A, Postcards from the First World War is not a physical book, it is very easy to convert into hard-copy - once you have downloaded it. Simply print out the pages on A4 paper and insert them into a folder with plastic pockets - then read as a normal book.